Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tolkien Updates

Apparently May is Tolkien month. I had no idea....

On Sunday, the short film The Hunt for Gollum was released and is available for viewing here. I just finished watching it, and it is not bad. It is worth taking a look.

On Tuesday, The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun by JRR Tolkien and edited by his son Christopher will be released and it is up on Amazon for pre-orders. I have just added it to my wish list, and it will be part of my June Amazon order.

And last, but certainly not least, I am reading The Hobbit, and it will feature heavily on my blog over the next 2-3 weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to your Hobbit posts as I have always felt that this book is D&D. Sure, some of the first elves are silly and need a sword to the gullet for singing absurd songs, but the meat of the adventure is dark and brutal.

Mr Baron said...

Thanks for the encouragement. My first chapter analysis is up!